National Open University masters courses are always in high demand from Nigerians who want to further their education.
One of the reasons why many students opt for National Open University masters courses is due to its flexibility. National Open University masters courses give you room to continue with other things while you also run the academic programme.
You can run National Open University masters courses either on full-time or part-time basis, depending on your choice.
For those interested in any of National Open University masters courses, this post is a detailed guide. It contains, also, their requirements.
Established in 1983 but shut-down in 1984, National Open University is an open and distance learning body that prides itself as the biggest tertiary institution in Nigeria in terms of population.
The open and distance learning school which was re-opened by former President Olusegun Obasanjo in 2001, is the largest distance learning university in the West African region.
Currently, the school has six academic departments that offer courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Obasanjo himself is a former student of the school. He bagged his Ph.D recently from the institution.
As with many schools, getting admission into any of National Open University masters courses, require some basic things as listed underneath:
1. Minimum of five credits at O’level; which is a general condition for gaining admission into an undergraduate course in Nigeria.
The credit usually include Mathematics and English Language.
2. First degree with a minimum of second class lower from the school or any other recognized institution. This must be in the course you are applying for or a related one.
3. You must have a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of upper credit from a recognized polytechnic.
4. A Postgraduate Diploma from a recognized university or the National Open University of Nigeria
1. M.Sc. Mass Communication
2. M.Sc. Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution Master of Public Administration (MPA)
3. Master of Business Administration (MBA)
4. Master of Science Public Sector Management
5. Master of Science Public Administration
6. Master of Science Business Administration
7. M.Ed. Educational Administration and Planning
8. M.Ed. Science Education
9. M.Ed. Educational Technology
10. M.Sc. Information Technology.
11. M.A. Christian Theology
Tags: Education, National Open University of Nigeria, National Open University of Nigeria Masters Courses, Nigeria, NOUN