The management of the NYSC has released requirements for 2018 NYSC Mobilization and registration details for prospective corps members.
According to the body, the 2018 NYSC mobilization will start with an online registration, March 26th.
And for ease, 2018 NYSC mobilization and registration should be done with the following in mind:
1. The Website address is any of the following:
2. Prospective Corps members should ensure that they have functional e-mail addresses that they can access easily and Nigerian (GSM) telephone numbers with which to register.
3. Locally trained prospective Corps members are expected to use their correct Matriculation numbers to register.
4. For locally-trained graduates, only those whose names appear in the Senate/Academic Board Approved Result lists submitted by their Institutions will have access to the register on the NYSC portal on the 17th.
5. Foreign-trained prospective corps members should ensure that their Institutions are accredited. Where in doubt, it is their responsibility to approach Federal Ministry of Education for verification. The letter of verification must be uploaded during registration.
6. Those who graduated from Institutions outside Nigeria, (Foreign-trained graduates), are to visit the NYSC portal, register and upload the following documents:
West African School Certificate(WASC) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or General Certificate of Education (GCE O’ Level) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or NECO (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or High School Diploma or its equivalent.
First Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificate (Second Degree or Ph.D not necessary).
Transcript of the first Degree or HND.
International travelling Passport showing data page and date of departure for the course of study.
7. It is the responsibility of the prospective corps members who studied in non-English speaking countries to get their Certificates and Transcripts translated into English language before uploading.
8. All graduates of Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Physiotheraphy, Radiology, Optometry, Medical Laboratory Science and Pharmacy are expected to have their Certificates of Registration with their professional bodies. Payment receipts are not acceptable.
9. Unlike in the past, Foreign-trained graduates should NOT visit NYSC Headquarters, Abuja for verification of their documents.
This exercise will now be done at the Orientation Camps. They should simply print their call-up letters on-line and report at the Orientation camps in their States of deployment, but should come to the camp with the original documents they uploaded for verification.