Candidates can now apply for PTDF scholarship to specific programmes at partner institutions in the UK (see full list and guideline here).
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund offers candidates the opportunity to study oil and gas related courses in Top Uk Universities.
Under this scheme, candidates are invited to apply through PTDF to specific programmes at partner institutions in the United Kingdom (full list of sponsored courses is available below).
The award includes the provision of flight tickets, payment of health insurance, payment of tuition and bench fees (where applicable) as well as the provision of allowances to meet the costs of accommodation and living expenses.
As part of its efforts to continuously improve and streamline its programmes, the Fund has reduced the number of partner universities in the UK to 15 top universities (see list below) where it feels the scholarship’s high standards can be maintained and the objectives of the scheme will be best served.
Applications will therefore be limited to those choices and successful candidates will be awarded scholarships for programs commencing in the 2018/2019 academic session.
Selection Process, Criteria & Requirements
PTDF scholarships are highly competitive and only candidates who are outstanding across the board are selected. A selection committee will be constituted to assess applications using the following criteria:
- Academic merit as evidenced by quality of Degrees, full academic transcripts and other professional qualifications acquired
- Relevant publications to be referenced by applicant
- Membership of professional bodies
- The viability of the study/research plan.
- Applicants are required to make a case for their scholarship by submitting a statement of purpose (maximum 500 words) stating the reason(s) they want to undertake the study, the relevance of the proposed study to the industry and its expected impact on national development.
- Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)
- Must be computer literate
- A minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) in their First Degree and a good Second Degree certificate;
- Must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology and mode of data collection;
- Applicants must also include their master’s degree project
- All lecturers must produce a letter from their Vice Chancellor confirming that they are not in receipt of any other scholarships.
Applicants are advised to scan copies of the following documents and attach to their online application forms:
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result
- NYSC discharge certificate
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO results as well as the PIN numbers on the application forms to enable PTDF view the O’level results on the relevant website).
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Evidence of membership of professional associations
Note: Candidates who successfully scale through the first round of screening will be requested to submit their transcripts; all applicants are therefore advised to prepare their transcripts for submission in anticipation of such a request.
For 2018, the scholarships to the UK will be restricted to select courses (available on the PTDF website) at the following universities:
- Imperial College, London
- University College, London
- Kings College, London
- University of Birmingham
- University of Nottingham
- University of Southampton
- Newcastle University
- University of Manchester
- University of Liverpool
- Cranfield University
- Robert Gordon University
- Heriot-Watt University
- University of Salford
- Portsmouth University
- University of Dundee
Application Closing Date
25th April, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: